De : otb-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:otb-users@googlegroups.com] De la part
de Leonardo Hardtke
Envoyé : mercredi 16 mai 2018 06:47
À : otb-users <otb-users@googlegroups.com>
Objet : [otb-users] How to change default RAM limit?

Dear all,
I am starting a new project and was investigating the likelihood of doing it in
OTB. I used otb apps from python many times before but never tried to write my
own apps. Part of my application will be based on the code
/Examples/Segmentation/ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.cxx

It compiles and runs OK, but it is a little bit slow (8 secs) for what I need
(interactive application with Landsat images [7591, 7731]). The info shows it
uses only 128 Mb of RAM while I have at least 4 Gb of RAM free:

2018-05-16 14:33:10 (INFO): No kwl metadata found in file fire_test.tif
2018-05-16 14:33:10 (INFO): Default RAM limit for OTB is 128 MB
2018-05-16 14:33:10 (INFO): GDAL maximum cache size is 393 MB
2018-05-16 14:33:10 (INFO): OTB will use at most 8 threads
2018-05-16 14:33:10 (INFO): Estimated memory for full processing: 3.94151e+06MB
(avail.: 128 MB), optimal image partitioning: 30794 blocks
2018-05-16 14:33:10 (INFO): File fire_segment.tif will be written in 30924
blocks of 1898x1 pixels

How do I configure the amount of RAM that the application uses?

Thanks in advance!

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

For more options, visit this group at