Hi,

the way that the confidence map is computed depends on the classifier used
as input. It can be sum of votes for Boosting, the distance to margin for
SVM...For some algorithm it is not possible to compute such confidence map.

You can find more information from Jordi Inglada in an other thread on the
mailing list about confidence map generation and especially for Random
Forest :

<goog_1799924525>
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/otb-developers/ZUynk0lnxXs

Indeed it should be good to improve the documentation of this feature and
perhaps point to online references to describe how confidence is computed.

Manuel

Le ven. 17 août 2018 à 16:32, <dwalsh...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there are more details (further documentation or
> references) on how the ImageClassifier produces a confidence map
> (-confmap)? The only information that I found was here [1] in the cookbook.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dylan
>

> [1]