Hello,

I am trying to build the OTB Toolbox, using CMAKE.  However,  the QT5 had
an installation failure which is listed below.  Has anyone had the issue
and know how to resolve it for the MAC OS High Sierra.  I am following the
command lines from

https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/SoftwareGuide/SoftwareGuidech2.html

*Terminal Error*

CMake Error at
/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/src/QT5-stamp/QT5-build-Release.cmake:16
(message):

  Command failed: 2

   '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make'

  See also

    /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/src/QT5-stamp/QT5-build-*.log

make[2]: *** [QT5/src/QT5-stamp/QT5-build] Error 1

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/QT5.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

*QT5-build-err.log*

ld: warning: direct access in function 'QHash<QString, int>::insert(QString
const&, int const&)' from file
'/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'

to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::deleteNode2(QHashData::Node*)'
from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at
runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
compiled with different visibility settings.

ld: warning: direct access in function 'QHash<QString, int>::insert(QString
const&, int const&)' from file
'/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'

to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::deleteNode2(QHashData::Node*)'
from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at
runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
compiled with different visibility settings.

ld: warning: direct access in function 'QHash<QString, int>::insert(QString
const&, int const&)' from file
'/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'

to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::duplicateNode(QHashData::Node*,
void*)' from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden
at runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
compiled with different visibility settings.

ld: warning: direct access in function
'QCommandLineParserPrivate::~QCommandLineParserPrivate()' from file
'/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'

to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::deleteNode2(QHashData::Node*)'
from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at
runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
compiled with different visibility settings.

ld: warning: linking against a dylib which is not safe for use in
application extensions: /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/install/lib/libz.dylib

/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/src/QT5/qtbase/src/network/access/qnetworkaccessdebugpipebackend_p.h:0:

Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.

ld: warning: linking against a dylib which is not safe for use in
application extensions: /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/install/lib/libz.dylib

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib:

file: ../../../lib/libqtharfbuzz.a(hb-warning.o) has no symbols

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib:

file: ../../../lib/libqtharfbuzz.a(hb-warning.o) has no symbols

ld: warning: linking against a dylib which is not safe for use in
application extensions: /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/install/lib/libpng.dylib

ld: warning: linking against a dylib which is not safe for use in
application extensions: /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/install/lib/libz.dylib

ld: warning: linking against a dylib which is not safe for use in
application extensions: /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/install/lib/libz.dylib

/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/src/QT5/qtbase/src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/mac/qfontengine_coretext.mm:833:20:

error: qualified reference to 'QFixed' is a constructor name rather than a
type in this context

    return QFixed::QFixed(int(CTFontGetUnitsPerEm(ctfont)));

                   ^

1 error generated.

make[7]: *** [.obj/qfontengine_coretext.o] Error 1

make[6]: *** [sub-fontdatabases-make_first] Error 2

make[5]: *** [sub-platformsupport-make_first] Error 2

make[4]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2

make[3]: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2

I see that that you can turn off the QT installation, by using the command
-DOTB_USE_QT=OFF *to cmake,* and I was wondering if I can link it to the
application binary.  If I can, how do I turn off the QT.  Is that just an
adjustment to the cmake text file, or would it be done in terminal.

Thanks so much for your assistance,

Shaffiq

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html