In order to run otbcli* commands from within R, I normally use the R
system() command that let run any system command as if it were on the
terminal.

For otbcli_BandMathX I have a problem. I write from within R a simple
text file with the following script (as ./tmp/test.scr)

source /home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/otbenv.profile
/home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/bin/otbcli_BandMathX -il ima1.tif
ima2.tif -out result.tif -exp 'im1 div im2'

and then try to execute with
system("sh ./tmp/test.scr")

But surprisingly I get a weird error:

/home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/bin/otbApplicationLauncherCommandLine:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOTBCommon-6.6.so.1:
undefined symbol:
_ZN3itk10LoggerBase5WriteENS0_17PriorityLevelTypeERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE

I can run
sh ./tmp/test.scr
on the terminal with no problems.

Does this error mean anything to you?
I'm not trying that you solve an R problem, but I guess this is rather
a problem with otbcli_BandMathX, because the same approach works for
the rest of otbcli* commands.

Agus

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html