Wow....
That's a lot............................of gas for the money.
Over here in The Netherlands it is about $4.00 a gallon!
20 years ago they paid $1.75 ......... just for the record :)
but of course I understand what you mean and I'm not looking forward to pay
that much for  gas when I go back to America.
I'll pass the e-mail around


----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: occup-ther List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 7:36 PM
Subject: Topic unrelated to O.T. per se--rising gas prices--intervention?


> Hello list serve co-members,
>
> I apologize if this message is inappropriate to send on to the list, but
the
> rising price of gasoline is important to me personally and as a home care
> therapist as well, so I'm taking a chance here and am hoping you will not
be
> offended.
>
> Since many of us are dependent on our automobiles, I thought you may want
to
> hear about what follows.  I honestly don't know if this message is a scam,
> and I hope it isn't; it makes sense to me.  Here in northern Virginia, gas
is
> $1.65 per gallon; in Chevy Chase, Maryland, it is $l.75 per gallon.
>
> This was forwarded to me by another home care therapist with whom I work,
> with the heading, "Read, think about it, and give it a chance."
>
>
> THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT BY AN ECONOMIST WITHIN THE FUEL INDUSTRY.
> ANOTHER ECONOMICS PROFESSOR AT CAL REITERATED THE SAME LAST WEEK.  I THINK
IT
> IS WORTH TRYING.
>
> I got this from a reliable source. We heard today from a man who is very
> savvy about the economy, namely, Clark Howard, and he says that the gas
> prices are going to start going up again and will be high this
summer-$2.00
> and up.  We need to do whatever we can, and do it NOW.
>
> This makes more sense than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" routine
that
> was going around last year re: gasoline prices.  Whoever started this has
a
> good point.  By now, you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about
$1.49
> is cheap.  Me too, as it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded!
>
> Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
> think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we
need
> to try an aggressive response.  With the price of gasoline going up more
each
> day, we consumers need to take ACTION!  The only way we are going to see
the
> price of gas come down is if we don't buy it.  But, (as the gas companies
> know full well, and are counting on), that's not really a practical option
> since we all have come to rely on our cars.
>
> But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together.  Here's
the
> idea: For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from the two
biggest
> companies (which now are one), namely EXXON and MOBIL. You see, if they
are
> not selling, they should be inclined, (i.e., "forced"), to reduce their
> prices.  And, because of their size, and hence market share, if they
reduce
> their prices the other companies will too  (They would have no choice!).
>
> To have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of users.  But,
it's
> do-able!
>
> I am sending this note to 42 people. If each of you send it to at least 10
> more ...and those 10 send it to at least 10 more and so on, by the time
the
> message reaches the sixth reiteration, we will have reached over one
million
> consumers.  Acting together we can make a difference.
>
> If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on, or a message that
> you compose, to at least 10 more E-mail addresses.  PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL
THEY
> LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW $1.28 - $1.29 AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
> THIS CAN REALLY WORK!
>
> Worth a try?
>
> ********************
>
> Unsubscribe by sending a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  In the message's
body, put the following text:
>
> unsubscribe OTlist
>
> ------
>
> OTnow messages are archived at:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] (and)
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
>
> ********rC***********
>
>

********************

Unsubscribe by sending a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  In the message's body, put 
the following text:

unsubscribe OTlist

------

OTnow messages are archived at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] (and)
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

********rC***********

Reply via email to