|
Hello everyone:
I didn't join an Asia Pacific OT
Conference.
But, the Kawa model is known.
The following is the homepage of the Kawa
model.
Kawa is the river.
Last week, it seemed that the workshop of the Kawa
model was organized in Canada.
As for the Kawa model, the client's circumstance
is metaphor in the kawa (refer to river).
At the present time, the Kawa model
doesn't provide individual assessment method and
intervention.
But, it is the OT theory which reflected Asian
culture.
The mailing list and the BBS of the Kawa model is
organaized.
An interested person is to participate!!
Thanks.
Makoto
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003
3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [OTlist]
self-introduction
Wow this is really interesting!!! What organization is this?
I mean I'd like to join? Do I need to be OTR/OTL in order to
join? [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello everyone as well,
My name is Carmel Tso,
I am from Spore. We had a Asia Pacific OT Conference 2 weeks ago in
Spore. It was really interesting! We had pple from south east
asia, taiwan, japan, australia and china as well. Carolyn Baum was the
invited speaker. what was interesting to me the various areas that the
OTs were involved in; stroked rehab for the more developed countries,
involvment in policy making, interdisplinary approach for therapists
promoting primary health care services for the developing countries,
countries like nepal were exploring the role of OT for their pple,... the
japanese OT presented a tool for assessment they call it the kawa river,
have you heard of it Makoto? they use the river as a metaphor of a
patient's perception of his condition; rocks representing as barriers
that the person experiencing, ri! verbed as the social support system...
all very philosophical.
since i thought that the group was
talking abt culture. i thought this might be of some
interest.
carmel
"Makoto KYOGOKU"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>on 30/09/2003 07:13:40 PM
Please respond
to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] cc: (bcc: Carmel
Tso/THERAPY/TTSH)
Subject: Re: [OTlist]
self-introduction
Hello Everyone:
Thank you for the
response. I will become a graduate student from the next year. The
specialty is a study of the Community-based OT. Over the years, OT is an
evolving profesion that I want to be able to used the OTlist to exmaine
current practice and to consider new applications in emerging
practice. Thanks.
Makoto
***************************** ��**********************************
To
remove yourself from the OTnow mail list, send a message
to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] In the message, indicate what address
you want removed from OTnow
-
List messages are archived
at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*****************************��***********************************
di (;
f I advance, follow me. If I stop, push
me. If I fall, inspire me.
Do you Yahoo!? The
New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product
search
|