But David, those weren't Ron's words, they were the words of Judy Yeh <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Ron is a bit too much of a purist for me but I will 
defend him this time.   I am sure Ron would agree that climbing a ladder would be a 
PT goal.  The only time I think Ron would make it an OT goal was if I derive 
my identity from my occupation as an apple picker and now I cannot climb a 
ladder so I have an occupational disorder.  And even then he might explore other 
ways I could fulfill my occupational identity other than getting on a ladder, 
such as an adaptive device to grab the apples while I am on the ground.
 -- Jody Van Ness OT


In a message dated 11/24/03 9:25:09 AM Central Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:


> Ron...I cannot believe you made this interpretation in your last post:
> 
> " In any case, it seems to me that occupational therapy is called just
> that because of its focus on activity, compared to, say, physical
> therapy. A physical therapist would help a victim of a car accident
> regain muscle tone in his or her legs and the ability to walk, but an
> occupational therapist would teach the person how to climb a ladder, how
> to go up and down stairs, etc."   . . .
> 
>    I would think that a higher level thinking PT would be able to take their 
> client to "that next step".   . . . 
> 
> Peace brother
> 
> 
> 
> David A. Lehman, PhD, PT
> 

_______________________________________________
To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: 
www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================

Reply via email to