I am trying to make a new screening form for the didtrict I work in.
We have many referrals for chidren moving from CPSE to CSE.
CPSE is a medical model and CSE is an educational model.
Although the children may still need OT, they don't need it as part of their 
educational program.
I want to include aspects of visual motor skills, visual perception, fine 
motor skills, self care (buttons, zippers, etc) and a little about sensory 
processing.
I think I will include functional areas including
pencil grasp
coloring skills
cutting skills
writing name
putting together an inset puzzle
Possibly a quick standardized test such as the 3 subtests of the 
Developmental Test of Visual Motor Integration.

Please help me with any ideas you think a proper screening form for this age 
group should have.
When I complete the form, I will offer it to the group.

Richard Russ, OTR
Long Island, NY
_______________________________________________
To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: 
www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================

Reply via email to