I want to try and make this painfully clear. Occupation and function are
NOT  the same thing. There are both major and subtle differences between
the words, and these are NOT just semantics.

OT   must  embrace  occupation.  We  must  live,  breathe  and  practice
occupation. We must sell it to ourselves, each other, other professions,
and  to  patients.  When we say we are occupation therapists, it must be
expected that we are going to work on improving patient's occupations.

It  makes  no  difference  the  manner  in which we work. Be it weights,
ambulation,  games,  dressing,  or  cooking. The means is NOT ultimately
important, but the outcome is fundamentally what separates us from other
professions.

We hold the keys to our success!