Dianne:  There is NOTHING ideal about any the situations I work in. They
all  have limitations and shortcomings. Some are better than others, but
they all have good and bad points.

Regardless of your title, you still have a moral and legal obligation to
provide  treatment  which  is  medically  necessary. In part, Medicare's
definition of medically necessary means:

1. A therapists skills are required

2. The patient will make significant progress towards their goals within
a reasonable period of time.

Let  me also say that the problem with OT is not so much people like you
who  are  stuck  in  "people mills". It's the rest of the adult phsy-dys
community  who  DO have the opportunity to address occupation but either
don't know how to do it, or don't want to.

Lastly,  find  another  job  and  quite  working  for  greedy healthcare
companies.  But,  they  are  all  pretty much the same. Driven by profit
rather than loving, compassionate care.

Finally,  if  finding a better job isn't an option, and it won't work to
change  the  system you are in, about the best you can do is shooting to
make it better for you and your patients.