Hi Sue - I used SurveyMonkey for my dissertation (defended two weeks ago!).
It was quite user friendly, and the most reasonably priced service that I
could find. I generated a mailing list and sent a link to each person (from
within SurveyMonkey), rather than posting it on a list or website. I got a
very good response rate sending it directly to participants. If you have
any specific questions, feel free to email me off the list.

Sue
s...@charter.net