Please unsubscribe me .

-----Original Message-----
From: otrs [mailto:otrs-boun...@lists.otrs.org] On Behalf Of Roy Kaldung
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 12:21 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Question on successful upgrade

Hi Rob,

> On Feb 16, 2019, at 8:39 PM, Rob Mitchell <rmitch...@p3isys.com> wrote:
>
> I was able to clear up the error by manually running the individual
> ALTER TABLE statements after running SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0; prior to
> running the sql script (reset this to 1 afterward).

AFAIK Foreign keys are only support with the table / database engine InnoDB. I
would recommend converting all tables from MyISAM to InnoDB before upgrading
from 3.0

> Afterwards I ran select * from information_schema.table_constraints where
> table_name = 'table_name';  for each of the affected tables and could see
> that all of the constraints were added correctly.
> I also checked the table descriptions and ran a select to return * from each
> of the tables - they are all empty tables, and they were created by the
> DBUpdate-to-3.1.mysql.sql script.
>
> All that is background information.  My question is pretty simple:
> What are these tables for - they are empty now.  Were these schema
> modifications for future prupose?
> These are the seven tables created.  They're all there and the
> information_schema.table_constraints show the constraints were correctly
> applied:
> gi_webservice_config
> gi_webservice_config_history
> gi_debugger_entry
> gi_object_lock_state
> smime_signer_cert_relations
> dynamic_field_value
> dynamic_field

OTRS 3.1 introduces Dynamic Fields which replaces the FreeTextFields. If there
were none of these fields used this could be the explanation for empty dynamic
fields tables. The gi_* tables are for the GenericInterface and empty as long
you don’t a have a configured web service.

- Roy