Hello all,

I thought there might be something wrong with my modules, but /opt/ otrs/bin/otrs.checkModules gives me "ok" for every single module. What can I do to troubleshoot these 'Connection closed by remote server' errors?

Nils.

I wrote:

I think it's database related somehow, but I still can't quite put my finger on it. Connecting with elinks (a text-mode webbrowser) to OTRS gives me a lot of "Error reading from socket" errors, but it also gave me this error after trying to log in (I put x's in for a hexidecimal number):

dbih_getcom handle DBI::db=HASH(0xxxxxxxx) is not a valid DBI handle at /usr/li

The error appears to be truncated because of the limited console linewidth. Apparently there is some problem with the database connection (am I right?).

Maybe I should repeat that I installed MySQL 4.1.15 from the Atomic Rocket Turtle repository which also installs a mysql-compat package to trick the Plesk Control Panel into thinking MySQL 3.23.x is still installed. I also added "old-passwords" to /etc/my.cnf to let MySQL use the old style of passwords (because that's what Plesk uses). Could it be that OTRS somehow detects the wrong MySQL version and thus doesn't work? The CheckDB.pl script tells me the DB is ok...

Is there something I can try to make sure the database connection is working with OTRS? All other scripts on this server using MySQL seem to work just fine.

Nils.

I wrote:

Today I upgraded PHP (4.4.1 -> 4.4.2) and MySQL (3.23.x -> 4.1.15) on my Fedora Core 2 server and restart both the MySQL and Apache webserver. All seems to work (I run several vhosts on this server) except that OTRS seems to have lost it. When I go to /otrs/ index.pl the login screen appears, but when I login I get 'Connection closed by remote server'. I've looked all over but have found no error message whatsoever.

/var/log/messages says (I put in x's for private data):

Feb 18 19:14:24 xxxx OTRS-CGI-1[24835]: [Notice] [Kernel::System::Auth::DB::Auth] User: xxxx authentication ok (REMOTE_ADDR: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Also the DB is alright according to OTRS:

# /opt/otrs/bin/CheckDB.pl
It looks Ok!

And restarting the otrs service doesn't help or seem to find any problems:

# service otrs restart
Shutting down OTRS
Disable /opt/otrs/bin/PostMaster.pl ... done.
Shutting down cronjobs ...
done.
Final shutdown of OTRS.. done
Starting OTRS..
Checking httpd ... done.
Checking MySQL ... done.
Checking database connect... It looks Ok! done.
Enable /opt/otrs/bin/PostMaster.pl ... done.
Checking otrs spool dir...  done.
Creating cronjobs (source /opt/otrs/var/cron/*) ...
done.

  -->> http://xxx.xxx.xxx/otrs/index.pl <<--
Final start of OTRS.. done

Other Perl-based webscripts (such as Movable Type) are working correctly. What could be the problem? Where can I look?