Corne Beerse wrote:

Christian Schoepplein wrote:

There is however 1 item I cannot find in OTRS: Every ticket should have a 'topic' with it: A "subject" like item that is selected from a pre-created list of topics.

In the end, the usage is to create statistics over these topics, just like the statistics over the queues.

That feature isn't implemented in OTRS yet. But maybe you can use the free text fields and use them for your needs.

That's one of the things we are looking at. The major problem is that it is to deep into the ticket to set the value. Then, it is a free-text value, where we prefer a pre-defined list of topics. At first idea, a sinlge topic per ticked will do, on the other hand, I can imagine problems that are related to 2 or more topics, hence that should be possible.

The final reason for this 'topic' or 'keyword' (to mention an other term) is to take staistics from it: What topics give what number of calls.

I believe there was some talk some time ago about implementing free text fields as drop-down lists. You might want to search the list archives for that one.

Nils Breunese.