Hi,

I'm evaluating OTRS for use as our primary ticketing system. You may have noticed from my previous emails that I've got a vanilla system up and running on a CentOS 5 box.

I'm currently a little over-whelmed by the complexity of OTRS and am struggling to find a way in to work out how best to configure the system for our usage.

I was wondering if there is some sort of post-install, best-practise setup/configuration guide? Something that takes a use-case and illustrates the various OTRS features?

Let me describe my own particular use case...

I work for a managed hosting company. We have many customers, and several technical support guys (agents?) who work 24/7 on a shift basis.

Customers send support requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We also have a monitoring system and email notifications of critical errors are sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We also have our contacts in SugarCRM and would like to sync company/contact data from Sugar to OTRS

So far, I've done a vanilla setup, and created a test mail address to receive new emails - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will eventually be replaced by [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

R.

_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
=> http://www.otrs.com/

Reply via email to