David, 

Did you ever find a solution for this question?  I'm in this exact same
spot.

Thanks.


> Hello everyone,
>  
> This issue may be better served by the mysql community but I thought I'd
> start with the OTRS community first.
>  
> I am trying to move our OTRS database from a Linux based client to a Sun
> Solaris server.
>  
> The client is running MySql version 3.2.3 and OTRS 1.2.3 and Apache
> 1.3.x.
>  
> The server is running MySql version 5.0.45, OTRS 2.2.6 and Apache 2.2.6
>  
> My intent was to get a good backup of the OTRS database from the client,
> then import it into MySql on the server and run the myriad upgrades
> needed to bring the database up to version 2.2.6.
>  
> I ran the following command on the client:
>  
> mysqlhotcopy  otrs  /pathname/otrs.sql
>  
> I used mysqlhotcopy because I was running into space issues when I tried
> using mysqldump.
>  
> I got a clean otrs.sql file with no errors.
>  
> I then took the file to the server and ran the following command:
>  
> mysql  -p  otrs  <  otrs.sql
>  
> The job ran for a while and then ended with the following nysql error:
>  
> ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 429990: Duplicate column name 'group_id'
>  
> I used phpmyadmin to discover that OTRS tables had been created up to
> the "theme" table.  The import job croaked when trying to create the
> "ticket" table.
>  
> The otrs.sql file is 3.5 GB in size.  I have not found a way to edit it
> (nor do I know if that is desirable).
>  
> I would really like to use the backup I created but don't know how to
> get past the mysql error.
>  
> I would be grateful for any advice the OTRS community might have.  Don't
> hesitate to tell me to go bug the mysql folks!


-- 
Wes Plate
 Automatic Duck, Inc.
  http://www.automaticduck.com


_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs

Reply via email to