Hello,

1. Is the above issue related to DB being changed to FS for attachments?

I've seen that crashed table message when moving a database without stopping
the mysql deamon. To repair it just run repair table_name on the mysql
prompt and check your replication process, it might have something wrong

2. How to I ensure sync of var/article on realtime basis.

You can do a bash script using ssh and rsync called by cron to move
attachments from one server to another

3. Is there any other option of having realtime copy of OTRS so that in case
primary servers crashes, the backup server takes over as primary almost
immediately.
(Earlier it was working fine and it used to get switched to backup server
almost immediately. This was done thru cron scripts)

Cron scripts are fine as long as they're well written. Maybe sharing your
script here will motivate people to propose improvements

Leonardo Certuche
www.itconsultores.com.co

MedellĂ­n, Colombia