As suggested by Steven , if searching article update solves, i tested, can we
run the search using command line?

Since you're writing the code, make it work the way YOU want it to work.

Just like reports , can the searches be run using some pl file?

He's suggesting you do direct SQL queries against the database - outside of
OTRS - using your own code. If you do that, then how it is run depends on how
you write the code and what tool you use to do it.

The key point is that OTRS data is just data in database tables. You install a
ODBC connector to the database (if you want to use Windows-based tools) or use
the direct API to access the underlying OTRS database tables, and then you can
use whatever reporting tool suits you in whatever way it suits you. I've had
good success with Jasper Reports, MS Access and Crystal Reports. All will let
you run things in batch from the command line, but that's coincidental that the
data happens to come from OTRS; the reporting tool governs how the reports can
be run, not OTRS.