Assuming you already configured escalations, enabling the escalation jobs
in a .pm file (can't remember which one, probably GenericAgent.pm) is
enough.

When it's working, you should be able to see escalation events in an
affected ticket's history.

Finally, you may need to configure Event Based Notifications to dispatch
warning emails about escalations. I don't know if emails are sent out
automatically when these events occur.