Definitely States and no changes to the default state types.  No ACLs are
defined.  The lists I see and edited are all states as well, not state types.

From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Gerald
Young
Sent: 16 November 2015 14:11
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Issue with states and priority

Be cognizant of the difference between State *types* and states. Also check if
you have ACLs in place.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Rob Shears
<r...@phonovation.com<mailto:r...@phonovation.com>> wrote:
Moving on from my last problems, I now have a new challenge that is causing me
to pull my hair out.  I have defined via the GUI a whole set of new ticket
states (8 in total) and set to invalid all the default states (except new).  I
have gone through sysconfig and looked at everywhere that ‘state’ shows up,
there are a bunch of places that list a set of states that are available as
‘next states’ on tickets, and I’ve filled those in with all my new states.

Nowhere that a drop down list appears to select the ‘next state’ are my custom
states presented.  In most cases, due I guess to the above changes to mark
invalid the default states, the dropdown lists are empty.

I have also reconfigured the priorities, renaming the existing ones.  In most
cases, the new names are not reflected in drop down lists.

I’d love some guidance on where the config went wrong, or what I can present to
the group to assist in getting this working properly.

Cheers

Rob.