----- Forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----
    Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:16:37 -0700
    From: Karina Low <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Upcoming MEC Events
      To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Waterwalker Film Festival
Thursday April 13
7 pm
Metro Cinema (Citadel Theatre)
Tickets $10 at MEC, $12 at the door

Canada's festival of paddling and all things water is here again. Join local
paddling clubs and environmental groups for this exciting evening! A selection
of winning films will be shown. For a full listing of winning films, visit
www.paddlingcanada.com/waterwalker/winners/winners_2006.

For event details call Karina at 488-6614 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

****************

Seva Canada presents: Beauty and Transformation
Saturday April 15
7:30 pm
Metro Cinema (Citadel Theatre)
Tickets are $15 at MEC and the door
(Tickets for sale at MEC after March 24)

Back again after a sold out show three years ago, Brian Harris and Seva Canada
present their latest show: Beauty and Transformation. Seva Canada's 90-minute
Beauty & Transformation multimedia show presents over 500 new photographs from
Brian's India trip. Using still photography, videography, indigenous
music, and
sounds, this show portrays the transformative work of four people and projects
that exemplify the qualities of Wisdom, Beauty, Vision and Compassion.

For the past 18 years, the photographic work of Brian Harris has been
dedicated
to raising public awareness of and funding for the sight projects of Seva
Canada. Through compassion in action, Seva Canada seeks to create a better
world by volunteer and professional programs designed to alleviate human
suffering, particularly through preventable blindness.

Further details available at www.seva.ca/show.

***************************

New at MEC!

We are now selling memberships for the Dirt Girls Mountain Bike Club ($85) and
the People's Pedal bike share ($25).  We're also selling Canadian Parks and
Wilderness Society "I love Alberta Parks" bumper stickers for a suggested
donation of $2.

--
Karina Low
Sustainability Coordinator