Hola a todos:
Estoy intentando validar un código de xhtml y me da el siguiente error:

*Line 56, Column 22*: there is no attribute "disabled".

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document
type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This
error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a
document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document
type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary
extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to
achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the
document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported
attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for
further information.

La línea de código es:
                                <label for="chkMensual"
class="checkboxEnFila" >Mensual</label>
                                <input id="chkMensual" type="checkbox"
name="chkMensual" checked="checked" disabled="disabled" tabindex="1"  />

El Doctype del documento es:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

Yo tengo entendido que disabled="disabled" está permitido en el XHTML 1.0
Transitional, pero quizás me equivoco. ¿alguna idea?

Muchas gracias

Jesús Miguel