On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 9:16 AM Eelco Chaudron <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> On 21 Sep 2026, at 18:01, Mike Pattrick via dev wrote:
>
> > Currently it's possible for both legs of a check_pkt_len to result in
> > the same actions. In the most extreme example of this, multiple
> > check_pkt_len actions could be chained together, all resulting in a
> > drop. Packet's transiting a check_pkt_len action can get cloned even if
> > the legs don't need, resulting in potentially unneeded memory activity.
> >
> > This patch checks if both legs of the action are identical, and replaces
> > the entire action with one of the legs if they are.
>
> Thanks Mike for following up on this patch.  I have one nit/style below,
> please take a look and let me know what you think.  I can apply it
> at merge time.
>
> //Eelco
>

I'm fine with these, want a new patch? or will you just apply at merge time?

-M
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/ovs-dev

Reply via email to