> Here are some examples of translations from OpenFlow to datapath
> actions, the way I would expect them to happen:
>
>     OF: 1, clone(truncate(100), push_vlan, 2), 3
>     dp: 1, truncate(100), push_vlan, 2, pop_vlan, 3

I see your point; the "clone" is handled at translation code, and
pop_vlan is appended before the end of clone.

I was thinking about actually making a copy of the packet, and kernel
sample implementation happens to call 'skb_clone()'.
If using sample,
    OF: 1, clone(truncate(100), push_vlan, 2), 3
     dp: 1, sample(truncate(100), push_vlan, 2), 3
So the "truncate(100), push_vlan, 2" applies to a copy of skb, no need
to pop_vlan.

William