Hi Aaron,
>Hi Bhanu,
>
>I've been playing with this a little bit;  is it too late to consider tracking
>'threads'
>instead of 'cores'?  I'm not sure what it means for a particular core ID to be
>'healthy' - but I know what 'pmd24' not responding means.

That's an interesting input. It's not late and all suggestions are most
welcome.
I will try doing this in the next series.

>Additionally, I'd suggest keeping words like 'healthy', and 'unhealthy'
>out of it.  I'd basically just have this keepalive report things on the thread
>you
>*know* - last time it poked your status register (and you can also track things
>like cpu utilization, etc, if you'd like).  Then let your higher level thing
>that
>reads ceilometer make those "healthy"
>determinations.  After all, sometimes 0% utilization is "healthy," and
>sometimes it isn't.

This makes sense. Infact It was the case in the beginning where only the core
status was reported.
 Only recently I added this Datapath status row with the overall status. I
shall remove this and leave it to external monitoring apps to parse the data
and decide it.

- Bhanuprakash.