Apologies for snipping the text. I did it to keep this thread readable.

>Hi Darrell and Jan.
>Thanks for looking at this. I agree with Darrell that mixing implementations on
>two different levels is a bad idea, but as I already wrote in reply to
>Bhanuprakash [2], there is no issues with implementing of output batching of
>more than one rx batch.
>
>[2] https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-July/334808.html
>
>Look at the incremental below. This is how it may look like:
HI Ilya,

I briefly  went through the incremental patch and see that you introduced
config parameter
to tune the latency and built the logic around it. It may work but we are back
to same question.

Is dpif layer the right place to do all of this? Shouldn't this logic be part
of netdev layer as tx batching
rightly belongs to netdev layer.  If a specific use case warrants tuning the
queuing, flushing and latency
parameters let this be done at netdev layer by providing more configs with
acceptable defaults and leave
the dpif layer simple as it is now.

You referred  to performance issues with flushing triggered from non-local
thread (on different NUMA node).
This may be because in lab, we simulate these cases and saturate the 10G link.
But this may not be a very pressing
issue in real world scenarios.

- Bhanuprakash.