It appears that there is may be some delay in cleanup can results in
this test failing because the port cannot be recreated.

  # make check-afxdp TESTSUITEFLAGS="2 -v"
  ...
  2. system-afxdp.at:27: testing AF_XDP - ping between pmd and non-pmd ports
  ...
  2026-10-07T10:38:10.997Z|00099|netdev_afxdp|ERR|xsk_socket__create failed
  (Device or resource busy) mode: generic, qid: 0

My LLM tells me this is an issue with older kernels delaying cleanup.
But it also calaimed this is addressed in the v5.15 kernel, while
my kernel is much newer than that. So who knows.

In any case I did I did not investigate beyond verifying that this patch
addresses the failure I was seeing.

Observed on RHEL 10.2 on aarch64.
RHEL 10.2 ships with a heavily patched 6.12.0 kernel.

Assisted-by: LLM
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <[email protected]>
---
More system details available on request.
---
 tests/system-afxdp.at | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/tests/system-afxdp.at b/tests/system-afxdp.at
index 
5671b81f03a5bf3bf79dd369fa34b4d44351646b..10fd7626a2945d2fb09a15f275322244be15532d
 100644
--- a/tests/system-afxdp.at
+++ b/tests/system-afxdp.at
@@ -35,6 +35,7 @@ ADD_VETH(p0, at_ns0, br0, "10.1.1.1/24")
 ADD_VETH(p1, at_ns1, br0, "10.1.1.2/24")
 
 AT_CHECK([ovs-vsctl del-port ovs-p0])
+sleep 1
 AT_CHECK([ovs-vsctl add-port br0 ovs-p0 -- \
                     set interface ovs-p0 type=afxdp-nonpmd options:n_rxq=1],
          [0], [], [stderr])



_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/ovs-dev

Reply via email to