On 29 Sep 2026, at 10:34, David Marchand wrote:

> Sending this as a RFC because it is still not polished (especially on
> the structure layout side, in the last patch).
>
> This series aims at splitting the netdev-dpdk.c file and the netdev_dpdk
> structure that intermix all the various concerns for "normal"
> (I call them ethernet) DPDK ports and vhost DPDK ports.
>
> Until the last patch, there should be no performance impact,
> but I did not go far enough to back that claim.
>
> My hope is to have this series in a good shape to ease integration of
> netdev-doca.c.

Thanks David for cleaning up the dpdk code in general. I reviewed the
series, and in general it looks good. Most comments are style nits.

I did run some of my PVP performance tests, and I see similar results with
and without the patches applies.

See comments on individual patches, and I would suggest sending the
next version as non-RFC.

//Eelco

PS: My next step would be to look how it integrates with Eli's DOCA work.

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/ovs-dev

Reply via email to