Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 06:11:42PM -0500, Aaron Conole wrote:
>> Darrell Ball <dlu...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Some refactoring of alg support is done.
>> > Also algs are disabled by default unless an alg specifier
>> > is supplied; this allows for enhanced security and matches
>> > later kernels.
>> > Another change to allow for non-standard alg conntrol
>> > port specification.
>> >

>> > Darrell Ball (3):
>> >   conntrack: Refactor algs.
>> >   conntrack: Allow specified alg port numbers.
>> >   conntrack: Disable algs by default.
>> >
>> >  lib/conntrack.c        | 168
>> > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
>> >  lib/conntrack.h        |   8 +--
>> >  lib/dpif-netdev.c      |   4 +-
>> >  tests/test-conntrack.c |   6 +-
>> >  4 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)
>>
>> For the series -
>>
>> Acked-by: Aaron Conole <acon...@redhat.com>
>
> Hi Aaron.  Thank you for reviewing--it is time consuming work and does
> not get enough credit.  Can you describe your review process a little?

Sure.  For this, the original work was at:
  https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-November/341035.html
  https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-November/341037.html

Darrel and I had some discussions there, and I asked for this to be
split out.  Additionally, I had noticed while reviewing that it didn't
seem non-standard ports were covered for helpers, so asked that such a
change be folded in (and Darrell did).

For the code:
I applied the code, and didn't see anything obviously wrong at the end
(although I did the whole series at once, in the v2 rather than doing
patch-at-a-time).  I could still read through the conntrack code, and
presumably I am able to follow what is happening.

Additionally, once applied, I ran `./utilities/checkpatch.py -3` to
ensure that nothing slipped by.

For the functionality:
I ran the l7 tests via `make check-system-userspace`, and saw that the
l7 ftp tests were passing.  This will require installation of pyftpdlib
and tftpy to execute properly (otherwise they'll be skipped).  Those
tests are explicitly using 'alg=', so should still pass (and they do).

I didn't check anything with manual sets of flows.  I will do that now,
though since outlining this makes me realize I never checked the
'negative' case (meaning assume that no alg= is given, ensure that the
helper really isn't assigned).  I can report back on that tomorrow, if
it makes sense.

> I'm trying to figure out whether I need to do a detailed review myself
> or just take your acks.

Well, I have never heard anyone say fewer eyes was better.