> Hi all,
>
> As discussed on the OVS-DPDK community call, I've manually reverted the per
> port mempool changes in OVS-DPDK on a branch on my own git hub. This had to
> be re-introduced manually due to the number of commits and work that had went
> on top of the per port implementation.
>
> For testing people can access it from the link below:
>
> https://github.com/istokes/ovs/tree/mempool_revert
>
> If we are to revert this in time for OVS 2.9 there is a need for validation
> among the community to ensure that it does not break any features. I have
> validated most existing features with VSperf but I'm more interested in
> ensuring existing user test cases do not break with this revert.

I thought that we wanted to update the documentation for now with new
memory requirements, prepare new mempool model for 2.10 and backport it
to 2.9 if necessary., As mentioned here:

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2018-January/046101.html

I'm sorry, but I see no meeting minutes for the latest OVS-DPDK sync call.

In general, I think that temporary reverting of the current model looks not
so pretty. Especially if we're going to almost revert this revertion in the
future.

Does you RFC patch intended for branch-2.9 only? In this case it may be
acceptable. We'll continue working on current model for 2.10 to fix all
the issues or implement some completely new model. And branch-2.9 will be
left with shared mempool model forever. Did I understand correctly?

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.