On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:54:05PM +0100, Jakub Sitnicki wrote:
> Use the logical switch/router UUID as hash input, instead of the UUID of
> the Datapath_Binding row, when calculating the hash value for lflows in
> the SBDB.
>
> Otherwise the hash value will never match the one computed from NBDB
> contents, which will force ovn-northd to constantly drop and attempt to
> re-insert all the lflows.

Thanks a lot for analyzing the problem and fixing it.

There are basically two options here: use Datapath_Binding UUID
consistently or use Logical_Switch/Logical_Router UUID consistently.
This patch takes the latter approach.  I'd prefer to take the former
approach because it is less dependent on the structure of the northbound
database (which seems desirable for something that is in the southbound
database) and because it doesn't rely on the external-ids being correct.

I sent a commit that takes the Datapath_Binding UUID approach:
        https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/877306/

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ben.