Hi all,

I wanted to raise a question that I came a cross. Maybe the community
already dealt with it.

The ovn-northd translates the CMS's commands that resides in the NB DB
into the SB DB.

Specifically it produces the Logical_flow table which represent the L2 L3
topologies specified in the NB DB.
However logical flows are very much imperative abstraction. Means that
they are very specific and instruct the hypervisors
how to implement those topologies. These logical flows are very much
derived and linked to the physical networking while we are implementing
virtual networking.

The disadvantage that I see for such approach are:
        1. Reduce flexibility of implementation at the hypervisor level.
        2. Increase total number of control messages between SB DB to
hypervisors.

I see the reason why to do that in one centralized place (SB DB) instead
of on each hypervisor, but the hypervisors anyhow needs to translate these
logical flows into actual local flows.
Therefore there is no real reduction of computation in the system overall.

Lower at the stack, the ovn-controller' on each hypervisot, should
implement an imperative abstraction with it's datapath.

Any clarifications and comments will be appreciated,

- Liran