发件人: Numan Siddique <nusid...@redhat.com>
发送时间: 2018年10月3日 10:21
收件人: zh...@outlook.com
抄送: ovs-dev@openvswitch.org
主题: Re: [ovs-dev] Ask for help about ovs datapath development

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 2:46 PM zhang hao
<zh...@outlook.com<mailto:zh...@outlook.com>> wrote:
Hello,

My name is Zhanghao and I am a student major in software engineering of
Tsinghua university. I am learning SDN and very interested in ovs. I want to do
some contribution to it but meet some difficulties.

To be exactly, I want to add a new kind of flow, which may need process
specially. So I think it needs to add a new attribute in the flow key, a new
sw_flow to the flow table and maybe add a new attribute to sw_flow itself, and
a new type action. But I find the user space program of ovs is too large and
difficult for me. Can I achieve my idea just by modify the code in the datapath
folder?

I will be very grateful for any reply.

thanks,
zhanghao