On 1/11/2019 3:45 PM, Lam, Tiago wrote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks, comments in-line.

[snip]

+        /* Validate the burst of packets for Tx. */
+        nb_prep = rte_eth_tx_prepare(dev->port_id, qid, pkts, cnt);

So one of the gotchas here is that rte_eth_tx_prepare is experimental
although I didn't see any compilation issues (warnings etc.) and it
builds OK with travis.

Possibly a comment above it to explain it's currently experimental and
subject to change in DPDK would be useful, can be removed once the api
is non experimental in DPDK. It would be one of the conditions to remove
the experimental tag for TSO in OVS DPDK I suspect in the future.

Thanks for bringing this up. I can see from the thread that this is
pretty much clarified by now, but do we still want to include a comment?
Since the docs are also versioned, and David's patch (thanks!) will be
for master, I assume we still want a comment here, since people might be
looking into DPDK's v18.11 docs specifically.

Good point, I would think Davids doc patch would be backported to DPDK but I can confirm, if it is backported to 18.11, I don't think the comment is needed.

Ian

Tiago.