On 21.02.2019 15:07, Ophir Munk wrote:
> Hardware offloading-code is moved to a new file called
> netdev-rte-offloads.c. The original offloading-code is copied as is
> from the netdev-dpdk.c file to the new file where future
> offloading-code should be added as well.
>
> This series is essential for offloading-code development for the following
> reasons:
> 1. This series does not change the existing OVS code flows/logic on master
> branch.
> OVS functionality is the same before and after this series.
> 2. The separation is essential for new offloading-code
> development without interfering with the rest of OVS development.
> 3. Vice versa: it is essential that while developing offloading-code -
> to be able to frequently rebase on top of master branch.
> 4. The OVS-kernel is practicing the same approach. Please note the file
> lib/netdev-tc-offloads.c.
>
> Based on the points mentioned above we kindly ask that the series will be
> applied on top of the master branch.
> Ophir Munk (1):
>   netdev-rte-offloads: Rename netdev_dpdk_* functions
>
> Roni Bar Yanai (2):
>   netdev-dpdk: Expose flow creation/destruction calls
>   netdev-dpdk: Move offloading-code to a new file

Minor suggestion:
It's common to add a period at the end of patch subject. It's not a rule,
though.

Also, there is no real need to send new versions in reply to the old one.
AFAIK, this is a guideline only in dpdk list. IMHO, this only complicates
reading of the mail archive and searching the right patch versions in a mailbox.