On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 04:00:02PM +0300, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> First patch is a bugfix backport. Second one fixes the testsuite
> jobs on TravisCI failure due to 50 minutes timeout.
>
> Both patches needs to be applied to branch-2.10 and backported as far
> as possible. I tested them on branches from 2.10 down to 2.6.
>
> The second patch disables rsyslog daemon on travis, so the first
> fix required to make it work fine in this configuration.
>
> Branch 2.11 and master are not affected by the slow syslog issue
> because syslog-null is in use for the testsuite invocations.
>
> Ilya Maximets (2):
>   vlog: Better handle syslog handler exceptions.
>   travis: Stop rsyslog before start.

Thanks Ilya,

I have tested these patches and with both applied I now see
that travis-ci runs successfully while this was not the case
without these patches.

https://travis-ci.org/horms2/ovs/builds/505654239

Tested-by: Simon Horman <simon.hor...@netronome.com>

Ben, I'd be happy to go ahead and apply these if there are no objections.
Or I'm just as happy for someone else to apply them.