> On Sep 5, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Han Zhou <zhou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Shall older branches support latest kernels? If so, some kernel patches need
> to be backported to avoid compile failure. For example, on 2.11, below patch
> is required for kernel module compile to pass on Ubuntu with kernel version
> 4.15.0-60:
> - datapath: Use new header file net/ipv6_frag.h
>
> For the above patch to be backported without conflict, it requires:
> - datapath: Pass nf_hook_state to nf_conntrack_in()
> - datapath: Handle removal of nf_conntrack_l3proto.h
> - datapath: Fix compiling error for 4.14.111+ kernel
> - datapath: meter: Use struct_size() in kzalloc()

We support the kernels listed in our releases FAQ for a particular OVS version:

        http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/

2.11 does indicate that kernel 4.15 should be supported.  It looks like OVS
compiles fine against 4.15.0-58, but something changed in 4.15.0-60.  I went
ahead and pulled the patches you recommended and pushed them to branch-2.11.
Thanks for figuring it out.

I'll skip the 2.11.2 release announcement and just jump to 2.11.3.

Thanks again!

--Justin