On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 04:02:36PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I just want to know: does OVS 2.10 has support for IPv6 mac learning /
> NDP, so that we can avoid the ipv6 broadcast storm in our cloud?

Hi Thomas.

MAC learning is an L2 feature that applies to IPv4 and IPv6 in the
same way.  All versions of OVS support MAC learning.

Neighbor discovery (NDP) is an IPv6 feature used to obtain the
Ethernet address associated with an IPv6 address.  In its default
configuration, run without a controller, OVS is an L2 switch, so it
does not get involved in NDP, it only passes the packets along.  When
it is configured with a controller, the controller can inspect the NDP
packets and suppress them in an intelligent way.  OVN, for example,
does this, and other controllers might do it too.

OVS does have the ability to do multicast snooping for IPv4 and IPv6.
Maybe that is really what you are asking about.  I don't understand
this feature set very well.  The author of the IPv6 multicast snooping
code, Thadeu, whom I have CC, may be able to help answer your
questions about that if you have any.

I hope this helps.

Ben