On 28.10.2019 18:05, Ben Pfaff wrote:
On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 03:04:56PM +0100, Ilya Maximets wrote:
On 09.08.2019 12:23, Ilya Maximets wrote:
On 01.08.2019 20:48, Aaron Conole wrote:
Ilya Maximets <i.maxim...@samsung.com> writes:
However, there is an additional issue with branch-2.5:

branch-2.5 has kernel 2.6.32 in the .travis.yml, but gcc >= 5 is not
able to build this kernel. This kernel reached its EOL few years ago
already and will never be fixed. So, there are few options for this issue:

1. Simply remove 2.6.32 kernel from the build matrix.
     (I have a simple patch for this.)

For branch-2.5 I'm waiting for more comments/Ack on the patch:
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2019-August/361422.html

Backports to this branch will go along with applying above patch.

Hi Ben,

This discussion happened while you were out of office, but I'd like to
hear your opinion on this issue with branch-2.5 that still exists.

My initial thought is that we don't have a clear obligation to support
an end-of-lifed upstream kernel.  I haven't read the whole thread to see
whether there's a reason to do so anyway, but if not then removing
2.6.32 from the build matrix seems reasonable.

OK. So, can I treat this as an ACK for above mentioned patch?

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.