Dear All,
First of all , I apologize if I send my inquiry to the wrong Email list

I have read in some publication

OpenFLow switch is able to keep track of the sequence number of each traffic
flow to detect MAC spoofing attack. Upon reception of a frame, the algorithm
calculates the gap G between the sequence number of the current frame and that
of the last frame received from the same source address. If G = 0, the current
frame is considered as a re-transmitted frame, while if G = 1 or G = 2, the
current frame is considered the right one. But, if the gap between the current
frame and previous frame is in between 3 and 4096, then it is considered an
abnormal sequence number.

In my case, I use Ryu Controller and I would like to do the same work, where
the switch sends the alert to the controller after the switch detects the gap.

M.Sc Abdullah Soliman
Technische Universität Ilmenau
Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
Fachgebiet Kommunikationsnetze
Besucheradresse:
Helmholtzplatz 2
98693 Ilmenau