On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 03:53:51AM +0100, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> On 11/3/20 12:28 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > match_format() prints out "igmp" for IGMP flows, but
> > ofp_parse_protocol() didn't accept it, which meant that OVS would print
> > out a flow that it wouldn't re-parse.  This fixes the problem and adds
> > a test.
>
> I'm a bit confused.  IIUC, matching on igmp is not supported by any
> OF version or by any extensions, i.e. we could match by 'ip,nw_proto=2',
> but there is no special OF header for "igmp" or "igmp_type" or "igmp_code".
> While it seems easy to add parsing of "igmp" itself, its fields ("igmp_type"
> and "igmp_code") could appear in the output too and parsing of these fields
> will, I guess, require a new OF extension.  Is it correct?  If so, maybe
> it's better to remove "igmp*" printing code from the match_format() instead?

I hadn't thought about that.  I was just thinking of this as a short
form of "ip,nw_proto=2".

It looks like OVS's support for IGMP matching is inconsistent.
flow_extract() pulls the igmp_type and igmp_code values into tp_src and
tp_dst.  The kernel datapath doesn't do that, though, and there's no
support for the fields at the OpenFlow level.  I guess it has never been
important enough.

OK, I won't complain either way then.