I have been testing a fix for the OVS_CHECK_BINUTILS_AVX512 build time
check that happens in m4/openvswitch.m4 to allow Windows to build AVX512
code. The binuntils check can be skipped when GCC isn't present. I have
been testing this fix using the OVS Appveyor CI.

The BINUTILS check no longer prevents the AVX512 code from being built:
checking binutils avx512 assembler checks passing... yes
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cferriter/ovs/build/job/4lj56h4i8w7qpjpy?fullLog=true#L1006

But there are compiler warnings now:
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-mavx512f'
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-mbmi'
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-mbmi2'
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-fPIC'
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cferriter/ovs/build/job/4lj56h4i8w7qpjpy?fullLog=true#L2081

These flags are passed in the lib/automake.mk file.

I was looking for equivalent options to pass to MSVC, but all I could
find was the "/arch:AVX512" flag:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/reference/arch-x64

I'm just wondering if anyone has ideas about how we could handle these
flags for both Windows and existing Linux builds.

Cian Ferriter (1):
  configure: Run AVX512 binutils check only for GCC.

2.25.1