On 12/28/19 08:11, xiangxia.m....@gmail.com wrote:
> From: Tonghao Zhang <xiangxia.m....@gmail.com>
>
> This series patch support the meter action offload.
> We add the general struct, api and implement the
> dpdk meter offload. Any suggestion is welcome.
>
> Tonghao Zhang (7):
>   dpif-netdev: Remove dp_meter_* struct to header file
>   netdev-offload: Pass dpif as an argument to flow_put
>   dpif-provider: Add dpif provider meter api
>   netdev-offload-provider: Add meter offload struct
>   netdev-dpif: Implement netdev meter offload
>   ofp-meter: Add get max-rate function
>   netdev-offload-dpdk: Add dpdk offload meter action
>
>  include/openvswitch/ofp-meter.h |   1 +
>  lib/dpif-netdev.c               | 159 ++++++++++++++++++---
>  lib/dpif-netdev.h               |  19 +++
>  lib/dpif-netlink.c              |   5 +-
>  lib/dpif-provider.h             |   5 +
>  lib/dpif.c                      |  66 +++++++++
>  lib/dpif.h                      |   6 +
>  lib/netdev-dpdk.c               |   6 +
>  lib/netdev-dpdk.h               |   1 +
>  lib/netdev-dummy.c              |   8 +-
>  lib/netdev-offload-dpdk.c       | 298
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
>  lib/netdev-offload-provider.h   |  17 ++-
>  lib/netdev-offload-tc.c         |   7 +-
>  lib/netdev-offload.c            |  11 +-
>  lib/netdev-offload.h            |   4 +-
>  lib/ofp-meter.c                 |  13 ++

I was looking through old patches in patchwork and this still
looks like an interesting feature.  But there were a lot of
changes in the offload API in past few years, so it needs some
re-work.  Primarily move to a new meter offload API that we
now have in OVS.

Feel free to submit an updated version if you're still interested
in this functionality.  OVS should be in a better shape now to
support it.

Sorry for digging up ancient threads and not replying in time
in a first place.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.