Hi Ilya,

Ilya Maximets, Jun 12, 2023 at 17:47:
> I'm a bit concerned that this patch is applying the same config
> to all the .c|.h files in the repo while not all of them have
> the same coding style.  The most obvious is that linux headers
> are using tabs, not spaces.  Not so obvious - sFlow implementation
> that was imported as-is from the other source.  There are some
> other examples.

I was not sure what these rules were so I went with what was written in
the docs. Is there a place where these special cases are listed? If not,
could you list them here so they can be made explicit?

We can either put one .editorconfig file per subtree that has different
indenting rules or we can list everything at the root.

> I'm afraid that some editors will try to fix existing code while
> saving unrelated changes.

Editorconfig plugins are not automatic formatters. The only purpose of
these is to automatically configure editors to use the project's
preferences.

Thanks!