> On Nov 29, 2016, at 5:28 PM, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:
>
> It's "not yet".  I'd like to implement them, but I'm not sure how to do
> it because connection-tracking state, for any given connection, is
> embedded in the kernel of some hypervisor, which may not be one that
> ovn-trace is running on (if ovn-trace is even running on a hypervisor).
>
> One option would be to supply connection-tracking metadata on the
> ovn-trace command line, e.g. something like --ct=est,rel or --ct=new.
> Then ct_next could simply set ct_state to the specified values.  This
> would allow testing given scenarios.

What about using the existing conntrack entries by running "ovs-appctl
dpctl/dump-conntrack" by default?  That might be helpful for live debugging and
seems like a reasonable default.  It does seem like it would be helpful to be
able to specify values for testing what-if scenarios, too.  I would imagine
we'd need the ability to specify multiple zones on the command-line in case a
single flow crosses multiple zones.

--Justin