First add the port connected to wan to the bridge
>sudo ovs-vsctl add-port ovsbr1 eth0 <- eth0 is the wan interface you have
on the host machine, ovsbr1 is the name of the OVS bridge, make sure eth0
has no IP addr before adding it.

You can create a fake bridge and assign its broadcast domain to the network
you have for wan.
>sudo ovs-vsctl add-br wanbridge1 ovsbr1 <- wanbridge1 is the fake bridge
name

Now you can assign a public IP on wanbridge1 in the host or select use it
as bridge device for you VM and assign the IP in the VM itself.

After you have this working go on and setup keepalived and use wanbridge1
as the interface for floating IP.