On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:43:58 +1100
Dzuy Pham <pham.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently gathering the statistics live and want the switch to push
> them to the controller when a threshold has been met.

Interesting, well perhaps you could change connmgr_run() which
manages all connections to issue the stats reply when it is convenient?

connmgr_run(struct connmgr *mgr,
            void (*handle_openflow)(struct ofconn *,
                                    const struct ofpbuf *ofp_msg))
[...]
    LIST_FOR_EACH_SAFE (ofconn, next_ofconn, node, &mgr->all_conns) {
        ofconn_run(ofconn, handle_openflow);
    }
[...]

you might need to change connmgr_wait() as well to wake up properly.

That's where I would start looking at :)
Flavio

--
Flavio