On Wednesday 07 December 2016 08:58 AM, 姜尚0387 wrote:

I am learning OVNDB-HA using pacemaker, I feel this is a good design.

At the same time I have two questions and would like to discuss:

1, we have two resources, one is the master node of the OVNDB, one is VIP.

Pacemaker resource constraints are dependencies, not symbiotic, so we must consider who depends on who.

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-colocation.html

If the master node OVNDB dependence VIP, VIP or VIP network down, OVNDB master node will follow the VIP migration, But the OVNDB process of the master node is dead and there is no migration.

If the VIP is dependent on the OVNDB master process, When the OVNDB master process down, all will migrate. And VIP or VIP network down Indicating that the node is down, all will migration.

       Is it better to configure the resource constraints ?

   pcs constraint order ovndb_servers-master then VirtualIP
   pcs constraint colocation add VirtualIP with master ovndb_servers-master
score=INFINITY

2, OVN nodes in a total of three processes, the South to the database, north to the database, northd process.

But only in the OCF script to start and monitor the database process, there is no northd process.

         How to ensure high reliability northd process?

My idea is OCF script at the same time start and monitor northd process, because I think these three processes is together.

We have the systemd resource for ovn-northd. One can create primitive systemd pacemaker resource for northd which will start ovn-north in another in cluster when the node in which it runs fails.