My motive is to simulate VXLAN functionality on a bigger topology using
mininet.
My plan - As Mininet uses OVS bridges to simulate vswitch functionality, we
can use ovs-vsctl to configure VXLAN functionality on the bridges. I
thought let me try for a simple topology without using Mininet and just
using OVS on a single host and 2 VMs. If it works, then I can make a
similar configuration for a bigger topology using mininet.

OVS on a single host and 2 VMs : vm1-----br1-------br2-----vm2
I am confused on how to perform the vxlan config for the above setup.

If the above one works, I could try on the mininet topologies.
For the mininet topology ( --topo=linear,2 )
h1 ----- s1 ------ s2 -------- h2 (h1,h2 are hosts, s1,s2 are switches -
actually ovs bridges)

*$ ovs-vsctl show *
ad172f01-511d-46fe-9022-d23de31e06e2
    Bridge "s2"
        Controller "ptcp:6635"
        fail_mode: standalone
        Port "s2-eth2"
            Interface "s2-eth2"
        Port "s2"
            Interface "s2"
                type: internal
        Port "s2-eth1"
            Interface "s2-eth1"
    Bridge "s1"
        Controller "ptcp:6634"
        fail_mode: standalone
        Port "s1-eth2"
            Interface "s1-eth2"
        Port "s1"
            Interface "s1"
                type: internal
        Port "s1-eth1"
            Interface "s1-eth1"
    ovs_version: "2.5.0"

In the mininet console,
*mininet>net*
h1 h1-eth0:s1-eth1
h2 h2-eth0:s2-eth1
s1 lo:  s1-eth1:h1-eth0 s1-eth2:s2-eth2
s2 lo:  s2-eth1:h2-eth0 s2-eth2:s1-eth2

As the vxlan configuration part is related to OVS, I am asking in this
forum, rather than the mininet forum.

Thanks.

Shravan