Hi all,

 I have installed Openvswitch 2.5.2 in a RHEL 7.3 KVM host fully patched. I
need to implement port mirroring for some kvm guests (not all). According to
openvswitch's docs this can be done using the following command:

ovs-vsctl -- --id=@m create mirror name=tapmirror -- add bridge idsbr0 mirrors
@m -- --id=@oneguest0 get port oneguest0 -- set mirror tapmirror
select_src_port=@oneguest0 select_dst_port=@oneguest0 -- --id=@idsguest0 get
port idsguest0 -- set mirror tapmirror output-port=@idsguest0

 where oneguest0 interface is the kvm guest virtual interface, idsguest0 is the
interface where I will receive mirrored traffic and idsbr0 is the openvswitch
bridge where idsguest0 is assigned.

 Is it correct this command?.

 Then, I have the following questions:

 a/ Is it possible to use full openvswitches switche as a src_port and dst_port
(and output-port) instead of every virtual interface (oneguest0, oneguest1,
etc.) that I want to monitor?

 b/ If "no" is the answer to question a/, do I need to execute previous command
for every virtual interface that I need to monitor?

 c/ Do I need to create idsbr0 bridge before to launch previous command?

 d/ Last question, do I need to run the previous command every time that kvm
host starts?

Many thanks for your attention.

--
Greetings,